The mission of Veggie U is to promote the well-being of children through a healthy lifestyle. Veggie U is dedicated to the creation and distribution of curricula nationally, with a focus on making wise food choices, combating adolescent and juvenile disease and attaining an understanding of sustainable agriculture.
Business Development Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
Develop and implement a strategic plan to meet organization’s fundraising goals
Identify, develop, maintain and nurture critical relationships to attain and retain revenue goals
Monitor, measure and report outcomes and track donor potential on a weekly basis
• Plan, develop and execute fundraising plan for obtaining private donations; identifying, cultivating and soliciting major gift prospects (individuals, corporations and foundations).
• Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations. Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
• Create and supervise systematic efforts to upgrade annual giving donors.
• Provide leadership for all external relationship building with a variety of constituencies; working with volunteers and others to identify linkage, ability and interest of major gift prospects.
• Identify sources and prepare proposals to government, corporations, foundations and private granting agencies.
• Participate in the strategic planning for communication activities that support relationships between the organization and its external constituents, such as grantors, sponsors, donors, and friends which support private giving to the organization.
• Identify resources and learning opportunities for continued professional development and networking optimization.
• Monitor and track all fundraising activating and donor (both confirmed and potential)
behavior. Provide weekly report.
• Utilize existing Customer Relationship Management software (SalesForce) to track fundraising activity and provide full transparency to the organization.
• Provide recommendations for Strategic Plan and goal adjustment based on donor pipeline activity
Must have excellent communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written. Must possess strong, proven leadership and managerial skills. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented with exceptional follow-up and follow-through skills. Must be computer proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook and the Internet. Experience with ACT (or comparable Customer management Software) preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Demonstrated success and evidence of ability to plan and execute to meet fundraising goals
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Demonstrated results utilizing professional level relationship-building skills
• Strong communication skills including ability to write and speak persuasively about the organization
• Willingness to work some evenings and weekends, to travel, and must have a valid driver’s license.
• Advanced degree
• Familiarity with donor database applications
• Demonstrated knowledge of planned giving
• Demonstrated success in activities to coordinate, attract, and close major gift funding support for not-for-profit organizations including face-to-face solicitation of gifts of $25,000 or more
• Demonstrated leadership skills with strategic, policy, and budget planning experience in complex organizations
• Must be a team player, with the ability to acclimate and be flexible and productive within a fluid environment.
• Self motivated and detail oriented
• Strong organizational, multitasking, and communication skills
• Strong collaboration skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• Organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in order to meet deadlines
• Demonstrated capacity to operate successfully in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
• Ability to perform a wide variety of tasks efficiently
We're sorry, there are no career opportunities currently available at Veggie U.