Grilled Cucumber Sandwich
With cream cheese spread, tomatoes, lettuce and caramelized onions
< Back to Recipes
One onion makes enough caramelized onions to last you a few days so go ahead and get creative!
2 oz. cream cheese spread
1 T. chopped chives
1 T. chopped basic
1 T. fresh lemon juice
1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
1/2 tomato sliced
1 small onion
salt and pepper to taste
2 slices bread - your choice
- In small bowl mix softened cream cheese, chives, basil, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper if desired and refrigerate.
- Slice the onion into very thin slices from root to stem. Place a small saute over medium heat. Put a small amount of olive oil in the pan and let it get hot. Add the onion and allow to brown slightly.
- After onions are browned, turn down the heat to low and cook slowly until onions are soft and sweet. Spread in a pie pan or on a cookie sheet and chill.
- Brush the cucumber with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill until softened slightly.
- Divide cream cheese evenly between the two slices of bread. Lay out lettuce, then tomato, then cucumber, and the caramelized onions on one slice and lay the other slice on top. Cut the sandwich any way you ant and pack in a sturdy container.